Thursday 18 July 2013

Icons- The Regina Pacis Experience(1)

Regina Pacis XV
Going to school with girls like this has really made the best out of me. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I vividly remember September 16th, 2006. The first day I met this set of wonderful girls.
That day I resumed school with my friend of 17 years, Jaachinma Okafor. We stayed in Onayeiakan during orientation. then there was this very short senior who entered our hostel, and we all thought she was our mate. then she said "all of you climb your beds"... and we were like "Mstchewwww". She went to call her mates and they punished us severely. Her name was senior Maria. Throughout Jss 1, I was good friends with Tonia Omenyi. She was like my Icon. Then there was Uchechi Adiele who was always with me esp when my bunk mate  Dooyum Gbem Phoebe told me to "row my boat" because i did not scrub the corner. I wanted to die. Then I remember Ima-Abasi and Ada Okeke. Ima was Ada's closest Jss 1 then. In Jss 1 red, we used to wash life out of Ima. She reported us Ada. Ada punished us like crazy. I also cannot forget Jss 1 Gold girls and their form mistress, Mrs Ezeikoha.  She banned other class girls from entering her class, if not Chinonso kalu would write your name and report you. Then there was Ifeanyi Uchuno, the SP that would punish all Jss 1s during night prayers and then beg us to be quiet. Then there was a day I misplaced my sports wear shirt. I had to wear my cardigan on top my skirt without a shirt. Even at that, a senior still nabbed an punished me. there were times i tried to fake sicknesses just because i wanted to go home, but nurse Blessing always nabbed me. when we had to offer Hausa in Jss 1, I remember always reconciling with Mr. Kashamba because i failed his test. then i never understood a word in Ibo Language. Mehnn... i was a grubby Jss 1. But thanks to people like Tonia( Top Cat) and Mrs Winnie I became a cleaner person. Then there was Sister Chika, our Integrated Science teacher. She used to make us run round the block when we were sleepy.... In my class, Vera
Ugwo was so stingy that she could not even give out water, a natural resource. then I remember how close Sharon Etokhana and Mimidoo Ayu were so close. I still wonder what happened. When Hauwa Dauda had measles and had to go all the way back home to Lokoja. There was also the time when Jss 1 red girls had a group of steppers, including Winnie Ukwunna, Florence Joseph, Chinaza Johnny-Chukwu, Tessy. Then they danced Why Me for "Fash Pa". Talking about Fash Pa I remember doing it in Jss 1, with Ewhoma, Pearl, Anita and Idunnu Aganda-Williams. i also remember when they told Eseosa to drink Dettol and Princi heard of it.... Oohhh the good old days.
 Watch out for part two of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment