Friday 19 July 2013

Icons- The Regina Pacis Experience(2)




 I still have vivid memories of my middle bunk in Jss 2. With Osaretin as my bunkie. I was in Onaiyekan, Hall 1, even though I was supposed to be in Mary’s A in Okoye. I went to hall 1 because I wanted to be close to my family friend, Chinaza Aneke.
Chinaza Aneke
As usual, I always woke up late. Then dooms day arrived. Oluchi Nwaji,
OLuchi Nwaji
my Assistant Hostel Head locked me in the hostel. Odinchezor Obingene came into the hostel through the window and started going from corner to corner spraying perfumes. Lol. When the seniors in my hostel heard eehhnn, they almost killed me. After that day, they used to send me back to the hostel to get the hostel keys if they had been forgotten. Guess what? I always went back through the same window. Then there was the arrival of Ruth and Esther Ideva.
Ruth and Esther Ideva
They resumed school with pinafore checks. It was such a funny sight. There was also Mrs. Ezeikoha, my new integrated Science teacher. Then she would flog anybody who got less than ten over ten in her test. Then she told us to form songs with the reactivity series. We used “Good News” to form the song. Hausa became better in Jss 2 thanks to Miss Lucy Peter. I used to get distinction in Hausa. Then there was Kemi Dagunduro who was very soft and fragile then. She was my good friend. There was a day some junior student who could not find her school shirt, tore the an old one she found in the spreading ground, and she sewed it to her sweater and went to class…… and, just like me, she was nabbed and punished. Winnie Ukwunna
Winnie Ukwunna
was in my class in Jss 2 again. I used to teach her Mathematics. Then Saturday preps were for Principal’s test. Till today, we never saw the result of any of the tests. There was a day I fought with Uzo Ejiofor
Uzo Ejiofor
(I know she might not remember and I can’t remember what caused the fight). I still can’t forget all the mass punishments we usually served every Sunday. On one fateful rainy Friday, Jss 2 block workers scrubbed the block but it got dirty again before Princi came for assembly. All because SS 3 girls were passing the corridor. Princi got very angry and told Ijeoma Nwabueze
Ijeoma Nwabueze
, the then Senior Prefect, and her other prefects to scrub the block. She was vexed eehhnnn…. She gathered all the block workers that night and punished us before she flogged us. After the flogging, she told us to squat and fly our arms. As we were serving the punishment, Veronica Ogbanje’s
Veronica Ogbanje
legs got shaky and she fell down. When Ijeoma was told she said and I quote “When Veronica is tired of acting, she will continue serving her punishment”. If not for the person who went to call Vero’s bunky, only God knows what would have happened. When her Bunkie came, there was uproar and confusion in the courtyard Ijeoma had to release us immediately. Then some of us had to help Vero back to her hostel. Will continue later. Having internet problems…..




2 comments:

  1. Lwkmd but Onofu now u Ehn...nice piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol good old days.....When udoka will punish d whole school under the hot sun n princi wnt say shit

    ReplyDelete